|Open to||For students at Washington|
This Scholarship is funded by James Hester, former Washington High School Principal, and his family.
The Hester Family Scholarship is intended to encourage and assist a graduating senior from Washington High School pursue a career in public education.
|Amount||1 scholarship(s) of $1,000 each. (total annual contribution: $1,000)|
|Award notes||One time award.|
- Priority will be given to a student with financial need.
- The scholarship should be awarded to a student interested in a career in public education and preferably interested in coming back to teach in the Franklin Pierce School District.
- Special consideration will be given to students who will help diversify the staff who work with the district’s students.
- The recipient must have attended Washington High School for all four years of high school.
The WHS Faculty Scholarship Committee will forward the names of three potential recipients to the Hester family who will make the final decision.
|Administration of the fund||The fund is administered by the Franklin Pierce Foundation, a nonprofit corporation registered in the State of Washington.|
|Method of payment|
Complete the Scholarship Acceptance Form and Proof of Enrollment Form online at: https://franklinpiercefdn.org/for-recipients/
- Receipt of a completed Scholarship Acceptance Form will hold this scholarship for the student. The scholarship can be held no longer than 16 months after June 30th of the year of graduation from high school.
- Upon receipt of Proof of Enrollment Form including a student ID number, funds will be released to the institution in the name of the student.
|Fund type||Annual scholarship|