|Open to||For students at Franklin Pierce, For students at GATES, and For students at Washington|
This scholarship is funded by the Summit-Parkland Youth Association through a one-time allotment in 2020.
Scholarship awards are made to graduating seniors of Franklin Pierce High School, Washington High School, and GATES High School to pursue their continuing education goals.
|Amount||3 scholarship(s) of $1,000 each. (total annual contribution: $3,000)|
|Award notes||One time award.|
- Graduating senior pursuing vocational, technical, community college, or university studies.
- Must exhibit SPYA values of sportsmanship, leadership, a strong sense of self and community, friendliness, and/or being coachable or teachable.
- Must have attended a school within FPSD during their primary years (Grade K-5)
- Must have played a sport at anytime during their high school career.
- Priority will be given to students who participated in SPYA programs at any age.
- Priority will be given to members of a historically underrepresented group (examples including but not limited to Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC), Women, LGBTQ+ community).
- Priority will be given to students with financial need.
Each school’s Scholarship Committee will select the recipient. An alternate shall be selected from each school annually and the scholarship shall be awarded to that individual if the primary award winner does not meet the requirements of the scholarship.
|Administration of the fund||The fund is administered by the Franklin Pierce Foundation, a nonprofit corporation registered in the State of Washington.|
|Method of payment|
Complete the Scholarship Acceptance Form and Proof of Enrollment Form online at: https://franklinpiercefdn.org/forms-for-recipients/
- Receipt of a completed Scholarship Acceptance Form will hold this scholarship for the student. The scholarship can be held no longer than 16 months after June 30th of the year of graduation from high school.
- Upon receipt of Proof of Enrollment Form including a student ID number, funds will be released to the institution in the name of the student.
|Fund type||Annual scholarship|